Samen Spelen is located in a beautiful building, a former school, in Wyck at the Franciscus Romanusweg, near the centre of Maastricht. The building is located in a quiet area and is easy to reach by bike, car or public transport. The train station of Maastricht and various bus stops are within walking distance. Parking is possible in front of the building.
In the daycare group for ages 0 to 4 (KDV) we have group units, changing stations, children’s toilets, and bedrooms for the children to nap in. The daycare group (BSO) for 4- to 12-year-olds has corners and nooks with different play areas. A unique element of our building is the wide city garden where children can play, run, ride a bike, play in the sandboxes, etc. etc.
Take a look at some pictures from our location.
The mission of Samen Spelen is to create an opportunity and an environment for each child to develop at his own pace and in his own way, and in this way to contribute to his/her independence. This mission consists of 7 goals:
1. To be an self-evaluating organisation of high quality, where we work professionally and with our main focus on the children.
2. Commitment is key: we want to create a place where everyone involved (children, parents, employees) feels at home and contributes to a mutual commitment.
3. Within our educative policy we want to focus on the individual needs and demands of a child.
4. Each child feels safe and secure in our daycare centre. This is the only kind of environment where a child will be able to develop and explore.
5. We are a transparent and reliable organisation. We find it important to have an open communication between children, parents and employees, and we do what we say we do.
6. We are a socially responsible business; we try to actively include inhabitants of Wyck, our neighborhood in our project.
7. We are creative and solution-oriented, and we try to motivate co-workers and children to be the same.
Samen Spelen is a small organisation that offers high quality daycare. We have a daycare group for children aged 0 to 4 (KDV) and a group for children aged 4 to 12 (BSO). In our daycare centre the word ‘Samen’ (together) is the main word.
We think it is important for children to be able to develop and explore at their own pace and in their own way, within a safe, secure and stimulating environment. Commitment from parents and employees to our daycare centre is essential for us. We also strive to make and keep our daycare centre available and affordable!
We work with a highly motivated and varied team of pedagogical employees who are devoted to their work. For all of us at Samen Spelen the focus of our work is and always will be the child. In putting together our team we tried to create a foundation of experience, inspiration and eagerness to learn. We believe that everyone involved in our organisation can learn from one another and we look forward to doing that.
A personal introduction will be posted on this page soon.
A first introduction
Samen Spelen is a small daycare centre offering daycare to children from the age of six weeks to 13 years. ‘Samen Spelen Samen Delen’ (Play together, share together) constitutes our basic vision: together we make sure to create an inspiring, happy, healthy and safe environment. Together, children, parents and daycare workers feel at home in our centre. And together, we are aware of what is most important in our daycare centre: the child, developing skills and discovering the world at his own pace and in his own way. Playing and having fun, together with other children. Together, as parents, as stakeholders, as a neighborhood, we make sure that daycare in Wyck is available for anyone who wants to come play. Welcome to our website.